Monday, July 1, 2013

S'mores Brownies

     It takes a lot for me to turn on my oven in the summertime. These are worth it.
I'm not sure why, but lately my husband has been nagging me for brownies. He's not much of a chocolate lover usually, so I find it a bit odd. We went camping a couple weekends ago and we had leftover graham crackers and I mentioned I might make some "S'mores Brownies". I showed him a picture of a recipe I had been eyeballing and he asked "that's really a thing - S'mores brownies.?" Yes. It is a thing. A wonderful, delicious, thing.

     I LOVE Lindsay Ann's Dollhouse Bakeshoppe's recipes because they are small-batch and on point! Meaning you can make 8 delicious cookies, or one loaf-size pan of brownies instead of noshing on the good stuff day in and day out. Everything in moderation, right? I wanted to make the regular 8x8 pan size of these, but I knew hubby would want more than that so I doubled her recipe and baked them in a 9x13. Let's just hope he continues to consume them by the double, because I'm trying to watch myself around these bad boys!




     I'm linking you to her website for the recipe, please note the only changes I made were doubling the recipe, and adding a little cinnamon to the graham cracker layer. Make sure you let these cool completely before attempting to cut. I used a dough/bench scraper to cut the brownies, after each cut I wiped the blade with hot water and paper towel and sprayed with nonstick baking spray after each cut. The marshmallows are going to try and give you trouble, so be prepared

S'mores Brownies by Dollhouse Bakeshoppe
Enjoy!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment